close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Transient Merchant

*** note, Chapter 670 in regard to Transient Merchants, Solicitors, Peddlers and Mobile Food Units was recently amended. You can find the complete Chapter 6 here

This license is needed if you plan to go door-to-door selling products or services or taking future orders within the City or for those who are planning on selling product(s) or food from a temporary location within the City, such as in the parking lot of a retail business.Every resident and business has the right to prohibit peddlers and solicitors from their property. If you post a sign on your home or business that prohibits solicitors, they are not permitted to approach your property.If a solicitor approaches you, you have the right to ask to see their City issued license/photo id. If they cannot show it to you or state they are licensed by the State of MN, you have the right to call the Police Department at 763-389-4879 to report an unlicensed solicitor in your neighborhood.

Certain individuals and organizations are exempt from the licensing requirement.  More information can be found below.

Please contact the City Clerk at 763-389-2040 for more information.